Welcome!

I am starting a new venture. A made to order bakery with cookies, cakes, cupcakes and brownies. This is a blog about our adventure..from start to finish. Hope you enjoy!



Sunday, September 12, 2010

Menu,Baskets and Away We Go!

Hi Everyone!!

It has been a few days since my last blog and that's because I have been busy making sure the menu is ready to go, ( I thought I had it weeks ago but SURPRISE~more has been added!) The menu is looking good and is almost complete- the only thing that is left is to iron out the pricing...I am HORRIBLE at prices- I want to be fair and cheaper than the rest but also put the best homemade product I can out there. After calling a few places I realized I was WAY cheaper than the bigger places, which is ok by me.. Hooray!

Up next is (when I get my logo) buisness cards, little menus to pass out and the finishing of the website.

We are also going to have a "tasting". Which will consist of a few flavors of cupcakes, brownies, cookies and baskets and inviting all of YOU and everyone else I know to come sample, have some drinks and see what Seluna Bakery is all about. I am really excited about this, because word of mouth will be my advertising and hopefully there is a good turn out!

So since I have been away from you all, I had my first offical "catering" gig. My in-laws had a party with their friends and I was asked to make the sweets for the shindig---I choose Mini Strawberry Cupcakes, Pecan Brownies and Strawberry Sugar Bars---They were a hit---Everyone had great things to say and even asked for more information about Seluna Bakery. Hopefully it will result in more customers in the future :)

I also have an order for this weekend- a Birthday Cake and I am making the Pumpkin Empandas that Luann suggested for John's birthday (THANKS LU!!!) I have yet to make these so I'm praying they turn out for John (dont' worry I'm sure you'll hear ALLLL about it) The next weekend I have an order for 15 cupcakes and a 50th birthday party cake for 50 people and last but not least an order for 150 cupcakes coming up the first week in November!! Which means I need boxes and merch bags for these goodies!! The boxes for the cakes I will just pick up at Michaels, but the bags for brownies and cookies plus the boxes for the cupcakes will have to be purchased elsewhere. After I place that order, John has his work cut out for him. Instead of stickers saying Seluna Bakery, we are going to airbrush our logo on the boxes and bags and that is all him.

On another note- I made the first ever Seluna Gift Basket this weekend! A large filled with White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies and Baby Brownie Bites. Obviously from the previous paragraph my bags aren't here yet...so when they DO get here it will be a lot fanicer...but I went simple for the first one and was pretty please the way it turned out. I really hope the unsuspecting receiver of the gift basket likes it :)


SO- this weekend was, of course, filled with baked good spilling out of the oven...After making the goodies for the Gift Basket I made my peanut butter brownies for a certain 10 year old birthday girl :) and today I finally got a chance to make my Peach Cobbler Cupcakes and they turned out great! I also practiced writing with the buttercream just to make sure I've got it down.


If anyone would like to be added to our mailing list please email me at albany@selunabakery.com you get coupons, specials and updates right to your email! :)

1 comment:

  1. hey...just a quick note about pricing...over at Cakes.com a while back someone was asking that same question and i think the equation they came up with was "cost of ingredients X 3 or 3.5" was what a lot of people were using.
    I used that here when i did some birthday cakes for people and no one seemed to freak at the price. fyi.

    hmm...just wondering...what is the "freshness limit" onyour cookies? if you are thinking of branching out internationally, i know of someone in japan you could send some cookies to...you know...as a test. (^-^)/*

    ReplyDelete