Welcome!

I am starting a new venture. A made to order bakery with cookies, cakes, cupcakes and brownies. This is a blog about our adventure..from start to finish. Hope you enjoy!



Friday, August 20, 2010

Oreo Peanut Butter Cupcakes

Today was a long day...John had a half-day so  I got to spend the day with my boys which was awesome but the peanut butter cupcake recipe I was trying just wasn't happening. Everything I tried did NOT turn out..they sank in the middle every time but, good news is they tasted great. I started out making it with *brown sugar* instead of regular...to me it has a warmer flavor...annnnnd they sank...so I thought well maybe it was to heavy..tried *regular sugar* and a little more milk than the previous batch annnnnnnd they sank again...ugh...I had a little left over in the 2nd batch and put a little more *baking soda* in. annnnnnnnd they sank..WTH!? I HATE wasting ingredients!! Well after some researching I learned allll about leavening and how to let your batter sit, if you're using more acidic ingredients...good to know! So in the morning I will try this again..making sure NOT to over beat my batter, dropping the pan to get all of the bubbles out and letting it sit a few minutes after mixing....That being said, this recipe may be my signature cupcake...It tastes exactly like a peanut buttercup--


As frustrating as the whole sinking cupcakes was..a few good things came out of my adventure in baking today---

1. I got the vanilla buttercream and chocolate buttercream exactly how I need/want

2.I learned how to make oreo frosting

3. I learned what NOT to do when you want perfect little domed cupcakes

Learn something new everyday!

So back to the cupcakes...after about 2 hours of baking, I called it quits for the night but not before frosting those bad boys--- They turned out delicious,and tomorrow I will make another batch so the domes will stay domes and get them right. Practice makes perfect, right?


On the buisness front--

 *I now own http://www.selunabakery.com/! Don't bother going there,nothing is up yet (lol) but it will be in a few months. A BIG thank you to Jamie for setting everything up! Can't wait to see how everything turns out.

*The logo is being created as we speak--and I'm waiting on pins and needles to see how it comes out!



Tomorrow's agenda-- Sugar Cookie Bars and more Oreo Peanut Butter's. I am also making the very first Seluna gift basket as a prize for a purse party..can't wait!



1 comment:

  1. You're oreo cupcakes look heavenly! -Ryan Homsher

    ReplyDelete