Welcome!

I am starting a new venture. A made to order bakery with cookies, cakes, cupcakes and brownies. This is a blog about our adventure..from start to finish. Hope you enjoy!



Saturday, August 21, 2010

Success!!

Every time I woke up last night I kept running through my head of what went wrong with the cupcakes yesterday and couldn't wait to try it again.....As soon as I got up, Cash and I ran to the store to get more ingredients. John took Cash on a run and I got to work on the cupcakes...I made sure not to over mix the batter, let the batter sit for 5 minutes and after pouring the batter into the cups I dropped the pan to release the bubbles...I was scared to even look into the oven with the buzzer rang...but they rose! Something must have worked which mean the kinks have been fixed! Woohoo!! I made some Oreo frosting and blooped some on the top of those bad boys and I must say they were really good!


I also tried the Sugar Cookie Bars which were really easy to make and turned out perfect as well. I slathered them up with a Strawberry Buttercream. (oooo ya)


The tasters all agreed that they should be added to the list~So on to the next recipes!! 

  1. Lemon Poppy seed with Raspberry filling Cupcake
  2. French Toast with Maple Frosting Cupcake
  3. Peach Cobbler Cupcake
  4. Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies

Which brings me to my next question~~

Does anyone have a recipe they would like me to try?

4 comments:

  1. I just taste tested the Oreo Peanut Butter Cupcake ~ YUM!!! YUM!!! Am looking forward to all the new flavors (-; So much for low carbs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking something that resembled a trail mix bar... fruit, nuts, chocolate drizzell.....YUMMY YUMMY :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lu! That is strange because John and I were just talking about a good Mexican treat! I will get on that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just another suggestion for ya , look up biscochitos..they are a little shortbread type of mexican cookie eaten at Christmas, they make them for baptism's, weddings, basically any mexican type of party LOL, they are small and very tasty! I love them

    ReplyDelete